Isa Bahrain Firefighting Services
Location: US Naval Base, Bahrain –
Client: U.S. Navy
Services: Firefighting services
Building on the success of the firefighting and emergency medical support provided to the special operations community in Afghanistan, CGH Global was awarded a new contract in the Gulf Coast region. In 2015, CGH Global bid and won a competitive opportunity at US Naval Station – Isa Bahrain – to provide fire fighting and emergency response services. CGH was required to be 100% operational with a fully staffed team within 30 days of contract award. In addition to personnel, CGH Global was responsible for all aspects of supplying personnel, management and quality control as well as acquisition and logistics of all equipment and required apparatus necessary to successfully perform on this contract. Critical to the success of the program is the health and maintenance of program resources (personnel and equipment), CGH is required to ensure the operational readiness of both personnel and response equipment in even the most arduous weather conditions.
Immediately upon award, CGH began the transition process to ensure we had the best available team on the ground and ready from day one. CGH has proven time and again that we can rapidly staff and have teams 100% operational around the world in compressed timeframes. For this effort, we tapped our international network of best-in-class first responders; additionally, based on an extensive review of existing personnel, we selectively retained key members of the incumbent workforce that met our requirements and were sufficiently qualified, proven and favorably viewed by the government customer.
CGH Global successfully met all requirements for startup and was 100% operational in less than 30 days. CGH Global’s support of this contract was in full compliance with AR420-1, AFI 32-2001, DoD 6055.1M and NFPA 1201 as well as all other applicable standards and site guidance.
CGH Global continues to provide the following mission critical support services at Isa Bahrain:
- Fire Prevention
- Structural Emergency Response
- Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) Response
- Haz-Mat/Defensive, Confined Space, Vehicle Extraction and Trench Rescue
- Rescue Operations
- Emergency Medical Response
- Training and Education
- Communications Center/Emergency Dispatch
- Vehicle Maintenance, Equipment and Apparatus Testing
- QA/QC and Risk Mitigation Strategies
Support Services including:
- Program Management, Planning, Scheduling, Reporting and Records Management
- Acquisition and Logistics
- Equipment/Material Maintenance and Sustainment
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Planning
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC)